1Y: Miss South / 1G : Miss Hunter
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Hussain (1G) Mrs Ahmed (1Y)
Learning Support Assistant: Miss Mary Norbert Arulthas(1Y)
Class Value – Determination
Year 1 is a particularly hard year for children as they move from a play based foundation curriculum into a skill based curriculum where children will have to learn how to read, write, spell, count and manipulate numbers. Year 1 value is ‘Determination’ and their color is Orange and together we will support your child to ‘never give up’.
- PE days for 1G are Tuesday and Thursday. 1Y PE days are Thursday and Friday.
- Read every day
- Homework is given on Friday and must be returned by the following Tuesday.
- Reading books are given on Friday and expected back the following Tuesday.
- Please ensure your child brings their book bag and book to school everyday.
- Practice Phonic Skills
- http://www.abcya.com/alphabet.htm Put the letters in of the alphabet in the correct order.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks1/literacy/alphabetical_order/play/ Put the words in alphabetical order.
- http://ictgames.com/poopDeckPirates/index.html Are the words real or fake?
- http://www.ictgames.com/djCow/index.html Find the words.
- http://www.ictgames.com/looCoverWriteCheck/LCWC_demo/index.html looking at high frequency words and trickywords.
- http://www.sentenceplay.co.uk/SentenceLab.html Saying/writing sentences.
- http://www.primarygames.com/langarts/simplesentences/ Making sentences.
- http://www.roythezebra.com/reading-games-sentence-level.html Lots of sentence games.
- Phonics Play
- Hit the Button - number bonds
- Ghost Busters - multiples of 10
- Ways to make - Number bond practice
- Whack a Mole - count on in different intervals