Park Lane Parent-Staff Association (PSA)
Welcome to Park Lane’s Parent-Staff Association. As parents of students attending the school you are automatically members of the PSA. We have one objective – to enhance the education of the students.
We do this by:
- Raising funds for school projects outside the normal school budget.
- Organising social functions, trips and supporting school activities as required in order to develop the relationship between parents and school.
- Provide a forum for consultation between the Head Teacher and parents
- Engaging in activities which support the school.
During each year we run a number of functions/events in order to raise funds for various projects. Last we raised £5,000, which was used to purchase a second school minibus.
- Butlins away day
- South-End on Sea trip
- Legoland trip
- Summer Fair
- Christmas and Easter Discos
- International Evenings
- Breakfast mornings for PSA members
How does this all happen you may ask? The PSA is chaired by Mrs Cheryl Esbrand who is a class teacher and Amanda Rahnama is the Secretary. Most of the members on the PSA Committee are parents and are involved in the organisation of events, which we split among ourselves. We meet as a full committee every other month and support each other at the events (subject to availability).
Each year the PSA always requires additional volunteers to replace parents whose sons/daughters are leaving the school or, are not currently able to offer support due to other commitments. Meetings are held in the dinner hall throughout the year and parents/carers are advised of the dates via the School Jotter App and email.
If you would like to join us on the Committee or you are able to spare a couple of hours occasionally to help at an event, please email the PSA secretary to inform us about the support you are able to provide: email@example.com
- Easter Raffle
- International Evening
- Summer Fair
- Family Trip (away day)
- School Disco
- Talent Show
- Tea Towel sale